Danger from E-Cigarettes

 

Following the recent death of a puppy in England, the British Veterinary Association has warned pet owners to take care and ensure that e-cigarettes and their refills are kept out of the reach of cats and dogs.

The puppy had become ill after consuming an e-cigarette refill and died the next day despite treatment.

Nicotine poisoning is rapid and potentially fatal, especially when large doses are involved, said BVA presedent Robin Hargreares. E-cigarettes and refill can easily contain sufficient  quantities to kill a small animal quickly.

If you suspect that your pet has eaten or chewed an e-cigarette or refill, it is vital to seek emergency veterinary treatment.

One thought on “Danger from E-Cigarettes

  1. Pingback: Julie's Notebook | E-cigarettes can kill dogs

Leave a Reply